Preparing for Spring Weather
With winter (hopefully) behind us, it’s time to spring into action and prepare properties to ensure that the warmer months are as hassle-free as possible! Preparing for the Spring weather will also provide a better living environment for your residents. From preventative maintenance to simple cleaning tricks – below is a checklist to ensure your property and your residents are ready for the changing seasons ahead:
- Clean or replace your furnace filters. A dirty filter can lower the efficiency of your properties’ HVAC system. This can also help prevent allergies.
- Test your air conditioning system. Don’t wait until the first hot day to see if you need your system serviced!
- Check caulking around all doors and windows. Improper caulking allows for moisture to get inside your home.
- Clean all windows and replace torn or damaged screens as necessary.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors; replace batteries as needed
- Ensure common areas are tidy especially when it comes to prospective tenant tours and keeping your current residents satisfied…it’s time to polish the floors and tidy up and clutter!
Whether you’re outsourcing or hiring staff from the inside, Spring cleaning is essential for this time of year. A little elbow grease along with some maintenance can really go the extra mile in keeping your property and your residents safe and healthy throughout the rest of the year.