Planned Companies is proud to recognize our military during the second week of November.
Tuesday, November 10 marks the 245th birthday of the United States Marine Corps – a branch of the military that was established in 1775.
The next day, Wednesday, November 11, is Veterans Day, a day to honor those who have served the country in war or peace, dead or alive.
At Planned Companies, we thank all who served and continue to serve, including all our veteran associates.
Here are some facts about veterans, courtesy of History.com.
- 2 million living veterans served during at least one war as of 2018.
- Nine percent of veterans are women.
- Three million veterans have served in support of the War on Terrorism.
- Of the 16 million Americans who served during World War II, about 496,777 still alive, as of 2018.
- Seven million veterans served during the Vietnam War.
- Two million veterans served during the Korean War.
Planned Companies is proud of the veterans who work among us every day. We are proud to work alongside of you as colleagues.
A special ‘thank you’ to all Planned Companies veterans who submitted your name and photo for this story. We salute you.
Dino Iuliano: United States Marine Corps
Romulo Reynoso: United States Marines Corps
Michelle Bella: United States Air Force
Jimmy Menendez: United States Army
Emma Pitts: United States Army
Frederick McCrone: United States Marine Corps